We are committed to keeping all three courses open and continuing with social and competition golf at Gullane. To do so, we will be implementing important precautions and ask that Members respect and take careful note of the following measures;
- Both Starter Boxes will continue to be manned, however hours may be diminished in quieter afternoon periods with Winter hours continuing until further notice. Starter Box hours are Box 1: 07:45 – 15:00, Box 2: 07:45 – 13:30 (Mon – Fri), 07:45 – 14:30 (Sat – Sun).
- the practice range will also remain open.
- Please do not enter Box 1 beyond the stable door, which will be closed. The stable door window will be kept ajar for making credit card payments. Scorecards, tees and pencils will still be available in the wooden box outside Box 1.
- Similarly, the glass window in Box 2 will be pulled shut, and will only be ajar for making card payments. Scorecards can be obtained at the back of Box 2 near the ball machine.
- Only credit/debit card payments will be taken, both boxes will be a cashless environment – please ensure you have a card with you if paying for green fees.
- As such, there will be no cash sweeps for any Medals until further notice.
- All Medals and ties will continue unless advised otherwise, however there will be no turn up Medals to prevent larger gatherings of golfers at any one time.
- In the absence of access to terminals in the Locker Room to input scores, Members should enter their own score on Intelligent Golf (the system will be set up for this), or advise their hole by hole scores to the Starter who will update the system. Starters will not handle any physically completed scorecards. Members should ensure their cards are entered the same day as the competition is played and retained for a short period in case of any queries.
- Please avoid shaking hands before or after your game.
- When playing foursomes, players should play their own ball from alternate tees rather than handing over a team ball to each other after every hole.
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of the Coronavirus, it is imperative to please self-isolate and do not under any circumstances come to the courses.
On the course:
- All bunker rakes will be removed from the three courses. Please use the back of your club to smooth out any footprints.
- All bins will be removed from the courses so please carry and dispose of your own rubbish.
- All water from the ball washers will be emptied out and the ball washers will be covered up.
- Please wipe down the toilet seat with toilet tissue and flush away after you use the toilet.
- Until we find a way to reduce or prevent hand contact with the flag stick can you please leave the stick in whilst putting and do not handle the stick to remove your ball.
- All benches and seats will also be removed from the courses.
The situation is ever-evolving and we will continue to monitor and act on government guidelines. In the meantime, please stay healthy and enjoy your golf. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation during this challenging time.
Golf Services Manager